by Theresa Ruel
Office Assistant / HR Specialist
CBC Automotive Marketing
CBC Automotive Marketing is an international full-service marketing agency located in Saco, Maine that services automotive dealerships. Since 1983, CBC has helped clients tell their story and make better decisions through the use of data while delivering an exceptional client experience centered around client satisfaction. Today, CBC represents around 125 dealerships across North America.
As an agency, CBC is committed to client growth through the growth of agency specialists. A talented, well-trained staff provides the best client experience and drives client retention that is of vital importance to the agency. As such, CBC places a large emphasis on the training and development of it’s employees and provides clear, transparent pathways for career development for all employees.
Summary of Position:
The Office Assistant manages the day-to-day administrative aspects of running the office. This also includes light accounts accounting duties. The HR specialist is responsible for training and onboarding employees new and existing. A reliable, organized roll with a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent client communication skills. This office is fast-paced and you need an established organizational system. This requires you to operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed.
- Create invoices for clients and manage A/R Collections
- Record deposits in the bank and QuickBooks
- Process Credit Card Payments
- Coordinates and assigns mandatory training across the organization.
- Creates, further develops, and organizes educational materials such as manuals, orientation materials, and multimedia visual aids.
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations
- Crosstrain for other HR duties such as hiring, payroll, and reviews.
- Crosstrain for light accounting duties
- Organize and assist organizing the office and accounting procedures
- Assist other departments when needed in administration
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Greet clients and vendors upon arrival and direct them to appropriate offices
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative capacity
- 2+ years’ experience in an human resources capacity
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel)
- Pleasant, friendly disposition
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting: 0-25 lbs
- Frequency of lifting: infrequent
- Typical business day: 8:30am-5pm
- Additional Physical Demands
- Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
- Ability to type, and view a computer screen
- Ability to bend and sort paperwork in a filing cabinet.
- Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
- Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment.
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.