by Joseph Schena
CBC Automotive Marketing
CBC Automotive Marketing is an international full-service marketing agency located in Saco, Maine that services automotive dealerships. Since 1983, CBC has helped clients tell their story and make better decisions through the use of data while delivering an exceptional client experience centered around client satisfaction. Today, CBC represents around 125 dealerships across North America.
As an agency, CBC is committed to client growth through the growth of agency specialists. A talented, well-trained staff provides the best client experience and drives client retention that is of vital importance to the agency. As such, CBC places a large emphasis on the training and development of it’s employees and provides clear, transparent pathways for career development for all employees.
Summary of Position:
The main job of IT at CBC is to keep the company workstations and servers and other electronics running so the day-to-day business of CBC can be done with as few as possible delays or problems caused by malfunctioning hardware or software.
- Issues users may have with workstations. Diagnose the problems users may be having with applications, networks, and/or hardware. Then find solutions for next steps
- Issues with office equipment (printers, faxes, phones, etc.). Do basic troubleshooting and repairs, if it’s further problems then connect with our third-party vendors for support and solutions.
- Issues with the internet. Diagnose if it’s the user, everyone, or Wi-Fi only. Find solutions or reach out to third-party vendors for support.
- Troubleshoot and support users through Remote Desktop Services.
- Keep workstation software (OS, virus, apps) up to date.
- Identify and respond to security incidents.
- Backup drives to in house back-up and cloud back-up.
- Monitor firewall for performance and/or strange activity.
- Monitor Office365 for issues with e-mail server.
- Research and test new software and hardware that may help CBC.
- Research various services (that we use and pay for) to find new (better and/or cheaper) options.
- Interface with CBC’ers via phone, email, and other forms of communication to find out their computer needs, issues, thoughts, etc.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience supporting end users
- Ability to solve problems, follow business processes with 100% accuracy, and work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to learn and willingness to take on complex tasks.
- Ability to identify and suggest possible improvements to procedures.
- Must have familiarity with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Office365/Exchange Online
- VoIP systems
- Network and TCP/IP routing, subnetting and DNS
- Server & Desktop hardware
- Not required but helpful familiarity to the following technologies:
- SQL Server/MySQL
- Remote Desktop Services
- Service Virtualization
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting: 0-25 lbs
- Frequency of lifting: infrequent
- Typical business day: 8:30am-5pm (with occasional work after hours and/or on the weekends may be required)
- Additional Physical Demands
- Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
- Ability to type, and view a computer screen
- Ability to bend and sort paperwork in a filing cabinet.
- Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
- Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment.