by Matt Hayward
CBC Automotive Marketing Clients are Setting Records: May 2020
By Matt Hayward
Although many experts agree the worst is now behind us for the auto industry, May 2020 was still a tough month across the US. According to CNBC – when all companies have reported quarterly sales on July 1, auto research companies expect May to be down about 32% compared to May 2019, at an annualized rate of 12.2 million vehicles. That’s up 29.5% from 8.6 million annualized vehicles in April, but still down 28% from the 17 million sold overall in 2019.
- A CBC group of dealerships in Kentucky set an all-time single-month volume record, and January-May 2020 has been their best 5-month start in their history.
- A CBC group of dealerships in Virginia set an all-time single-month volume record.
- The Ford, Toyota and Chevrolet dealerships within this group each set all-time single-month volume records.
- A CBC CDJR dealer in North Carolina set an all-time single-month volume record.
- A CBC Volkswagen dealer in New Hampshire set all-time single-month volume and gross profit records.
- A CBC Ford dealer in Florida set an all-time May gross profit record.
- A CBC Hyundai dealer in North Carolina set an all-time May gross profit record.
- A CBC Ford dealer in Alabama set an all-time May volume record.
…and these are just the store records. Many other CBC clients had a very strong, but not record-setting May, vastly outpacing the industry.
In addition, CBC continues to be the agency of record for the #1 volume Ford dealer in the US, #1 CPO Ford dealer in the US, 3 of the top-15 new-Ford dealers in the US and 2 of the top-10 CPO Ford dealers in the US.
We’re proud to be a small part of our clients’ big successes!
In these times, vehicles and vehicle-service remain essential to just about everybody. New-vehicle inventory issues may be looming, but today people are still buying and servicing vehicles. You need to make sure you’re getting your share of this business. Click here to read about why the time for dealers to act is now.
The auto industry is undoubtedly in uncharted waters right now, but remember, CBC has 37 years of experience in retail automotive marketing. We can help your dealership or group navigate this, like we have with so many long-term clients through so many other crises.
Take the first step today.
Let’s have a conversation.
Matt Hayward is Director of Brand and Business Development and a Senior Account Manager at CBC Automotive Marketing, an ad agency in Saco, Maine working across the United States with successful dealerships and dealership groups. A lifelong Mainer, Matt is originally from Dayton, Maine and currently resides in Southern Maine. Maine values and work ethic are ingrained in everything both Matt and CBC Automotive Marketing do.