by Bob Myhal
CBC Automotive Marketing
Summary of Position:
The Account Coordinator position is a long-term growth role within CBC’s account management team. The successful Account Coordinator provides support for the agency’s Account Executives and other staff. Through that support, the Account Coordinator will learn the agency skills and industry knowledge necessary to transition into a successful Account Executive that is capable of handling their own client workload in the future. The timetable to transition from Account Coordinator to Account Executive varies due to several factors including experience, personal drive, market factors and other variables, but typically takes around two years.
- Developing presentation materials
- Generating research materials and reports
- Providing creative and traffic assistance
- Supporting in agency new business pursuits
- Interfacing with clients via email/phone as needed when Account Executives are travelling
Assisting with social media management
- Limited travel is expected while in the Account Coordinator role, however, significant travel is required to grow into an Account Executive role.
- Helping with co-op submissions and the monitoring of client advertising funds.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Familiarity of marketing and advertising best-practices (through schooling or on-the-job experience)
- A can-do attitude and a desire to set out on a successful career track.
- Experience in the automotive industry is not required for this role, though any background with the industry is a plus.
- Agency experience is also preferred but not required.
- Applicants are expected to possess a college degree in marketing, communication, advertising, new media or a similar field of study.
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting: 0-25 lbs
- Frequency of lifting: infrequent
- Typical business day: 8:30am-5pm. Participation in “Late Night” rotating schedule required, hours 9:30am-6pm.
- Additional Physical Demands
- Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
- Ability to type, and view a computer screen
- Ability to bend and sort paperwork in a filing cabinet.
- Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
- Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment.
CBC Automotive Marketing is an international full-service automotive marketing agency located in Saco, Maine. Since 1983, CBC has been helping make good automotive dealerships great, across North America. Currently CBC is partnered with over 125 dealerships across the United States. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. CBC is committed to recruiting and retaining the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about marketing, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge.